View Article

Current Articles | Categories | Search | Syndication

Get More Money from Your Insurance Co

Get More Money from Your Insurance Co

You could be eligible to receive more money from your insurance company through the ICC Program. Contact A&M Remediation now to handle everything for you. They will assist in filing the claim, debris and slab removal, land clearing, and more.

Increased Cost of Compliance (ICC) coverage is one of several resources for flood insurance policyholders who need additional help rebuilding after a flood. It provides up to $30,000 to help cover the cost of mitigation measures that will reduce flood risk. ICC coverage is a part of most standard flood insurance policies available under FEMA's National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The structure must meet certain eligibility criteria, including a substantial damage or repetitive loss determination by a local official.

A building is eligible for an ICC claim payment if it is in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) and the community floodplain manager determines that the building has been damaged by flood whereby the cost of restoring the building to before damaged conditions would equal or exceed 50 percent of the market value of the building before the damage occurred as determined by the community.

If it is a repetitive loss structure and is subject to State of community floodplain management laws or ordinances. There are two conditions that must be met in order for an ICC claim to be paid for a repetitive loss structure: (a) The State or community must have adopted and be currently enforcing a repetitive loss provision or a cumulative substantial damage provision requiring action by the property owner to comply with the State of community floodplain management laws or ordinances; and (b) The building must have a history of NFIP claim payments that satisfy the definition of ""repetitive loss structure.

Under ICC coverage, the building must be elevated, floodproofed, demolished, or relocated as soon as reasonably possible after the loss, not to exceed two years.

For more information please contact Allan Martin 281-381-5013 or Michael Warfield 907-227-5512 or visit FEMA website.

Previous Page | Next Page