Do you really need travel insurance?
Planning a vacation or getaway can be a wonderful family endeavor. Thinking about travel insurance… well, it’s not quite up there on the “fun scale.” Maybe it’s because you must think about all the things that might derail and wreak havoc on your perfect vacation. No Buenos!
We understand travel insurance isn’t the most exciting thing when it comes to planning your vacation, but it can offer certain protections that can help you avoid financial hardships and headaches in case of an emergency. Here’s a breakdown as to what most travel insurances cover.
- Trip Cancellation
- Trip Interruption
- Travel Delay
- Baggage Delay
- Lost or Stolen Personal Items
- Emergency Accident or Sickness (Including Medical Expenses)
- Unforeseen Storms/Hurricanes
- 24-Hour Assistance Services
So, the million-dollar question… Is it worth it to invest in travel insurance coverage plan for you and your family? As with anything, it depends on your situation and the amount of risk involved. Here are a few things to ask yourself:
- Do you or any of your family members have a medical condition that might cause a missed or delayed trip?
- If unforeseen circumstances were to happen, would you be in financial hardship due to the loss of the entire cost of your vacation?
- Where and what time of year are you traveling? Are there environmental risks to consider?
- Do you tend to travel with a lot of valuables/luggage?
- Are your trips usually costly?
These are but a few questions to consider when thinking about whether to invest in travel insurance. Let us put it this way, if you’ve got little to lose, then you may be ok to go without travel insurance. If you’ve got a lot to lose, then it might be something to consider for your next trip. And for you worry warts out there, it may be worth the peace of mind to know that your trip is protected. Either way, the choice is yours. Choose wisely!
For more information on how to obtain travel insurance for your next trip, visit Trip Preserver. We hope you’ll consider the Bolivar Peninsula for your next vacation. If you’re interested in getting away to our beautiful 27 mile stretch of Bolivar Peninsular, check out our rentals. If you’re looking to relocate to the beach, which we highly recommend, visit our website to view our current listings. And don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest and greatest news from Swedes Real Estate. We hope to see you soon!